Incinerators onboard a vessel is a piece of equipment that the ship crew use daily onboard a vessel but often overlooked by shipowners.
With an increasing needs to adhere to stringent environmental requirements , incinerators play an important role to fulfil environmental friendly standards onboard vessels, as well as providing the reliability and ease of use for crew onboard
About Atlas Incinerator
Atlas Incinerators A/S is part of the G&O Maritime Group and have one of the top two manufacturer of Marine and offshore Incinerators for the last 4o years. An early entrant of on-board sludge disposal facilities, their incinerators have been known for its quality and ease of use, also having the convenience for crew to burn sludge oil and solid waste simultaneously. Being user and environmentally-friendly, and with good delivery time, there are still the preferred choice amongst many shipowners today.
The top 5 features of Atlas Incinerators:
- Heat Resistance and High Durability:
- Constructed with special refractory cement lines, the incinerator body contains between 60% – 68% Al2O3 (Aluminium Oxide) which makes it extremely heat resistant, as well as stainless steel fibres and approximately 1% Platinum among other things. The refractory is capable of resisting thermal and mechanical shocks or impacts, and can withstand temperatures up to 1650°C. Compared to soft bricks used by other makers, Atlas Incinerators’ refractory is more durable, lasting up to 10 years if maintained according to the manual.
- No Moving Parts
- The specially designed sludge burner has no rotating parts, hence minimal maintenance is required.
- No Filters
- Atlas Incinerators’ self-cleaning strainer saves owners maintenance costs compared to the Duplex filters used by most manufacturers.
- No flue gas fan
- no spare parts expenses. No spare parts for the blower is needed as it runs in a clean and cool environment compared to a flue gas fan.
- No water settling tank
- less spare parts. Only one sludge oil mixing tank is required as settling is not necessary.
Service Center (Singapore)
GIANTECH Engineering is honoured to be authorised by this reputable marine equipment company as their after-sales service centre in Singapore. Armed with a team of highly skilled engineers, we look forward to offering our best services to support you – efficiently, effectively, and reliably.